Back up the firewall policy is simply easy.
- Open ISA Server Management
- right-click Firewall Policy. You will see “Export”.
- In welcome wizard, just click Next.
- You may have to export by using password. This is recommended. Just tick Export confidential information
- type your password.
- Save the data by entering the location and filename such as E:\Firewallpolicy\allpolicy.xml.Click Next
- then, finish.
Just for your information:
if you try to import your policy from ISA server 2004 to ISA server 2006, it will not work. you will see a warning.