This video tutorial below is to allow perform system state backup on local drive or critical volume. by default, you will be unable to store backup on local drive C:\
However, you can change the default behaviour of Windows Server 2008 R2 by adding a registry entry.
Check the video that I posted on YouTube:
Test the System backup using Command Prompt or Graphical User Interface.
However I prefer using command prompt due to faster backup.
1. right Click Command Prompt and click Run As Administrator.
2. Type the command :-> wbadmin start systemstatebackup -backuptarget:c:
I’ve been asked by my friend on this question:
I have windows Server 2008 Active Directory, can Install Exchange 2003 in Windows 2003 in separate machines or servers?
Yes, you can.
1. I test with installation Active Directory of Windows Server 2008 R2 with Forest and domain functional level to Windows 2003.
2. Install Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. Run Schema Preparation and Domain Prepare at Windows 2003 that you are going to install Exchange 2003.’
3. Run the Setup and follow the instruction.
1. Download Adext from http://www.dewdney.co.uk/adext/adext.zip
2 Unzip and Extract the adext.zip to c:\adext.
3. Open command Prompt and Runas Administrator (Right click run as administrator).
4. Go to the directory C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\v.2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe c:\adext\adext.dll
5. Restart the server and open the Active Directory Users and Computers.
Ready to load your photo.
If you apply this, you will see your photo if you have running Outlook (if you running exchange server) and also Lync Server 2010.
I would like to say a happy new year 2012 to all. hopefully I can update my blogs this year. Last year, I got sick and now I am gradually getting better.