Hi, I am back writing up about the installation of Director in Lync 2010. The presence of Director in either Enterprise or Standard edition make no differerence.
In my understanding, Director is much useful if you have more than 1 Pool especially administrator configure in enterprise edition. Director will try to point which pool that users sitted. In Standard Edition, with presence of Director is optional. In your design planning of Lync Topology, with the presence of Edge server, Director will be used as a middle men authentication before it forward you to the front-end pool. Meaning to say, it is located between your edge server and front-end lync Server.
Now, I will try to guide some installation and configuration for the Director. I suggest you to have a new server separately. Make sure you joined domain the director server.
Configure Director in your Front-End lync Server (Lync.netoverme.info)
1. Create a New Director Pool. Type your director FQDN and choose single computer pool. click Next
2. Define File Share. I use previous define file share store like below. Then Click Next. On Specify Web External Service, just click Next.
3. After Finish, you need to publish the Topology by clicking Publish Topology.
On Your Director (in My example Director.Netoverme.info)
1. You will need .NetF Framework 3.5. SP1 to install Lync Server 2010
2. Install Windows Features of Messaging Queue. Open up Windows Power Shell
type -> Import-Module ServerManager then, copy and paste this command below:
Add-WindowsFeature MSMQ-Server, MSMQ-Directory
3. Also, Install Windows Features of IIS. Type Import-Module ServerManager and Press Enter. Then copy and paste this command below:
Add-WindowsFeature Web-Server, Web-Scripting-Tools, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-Asp-Net, Web-Log-Libraries, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-Stat-Compression,Web-Default-Doc, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Net-Ext, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Filtering,Web-Mgmt-Console
4. Run the Setup.exe from your Media CD. Let’s begin installation.
5. Install the Topology Builder.
6. Install the Front-End Lync 2010 where you need to run all the following below:
- Install Local Configuration Store
- Install Lync Component
- Install Certificate
- run the Services
* Please Note that the installation of director is straight forward.
Verify your Lync replication.
- Launch Lync Windows PowerShell
- type the command Get-CSManagementStoreReplicationStatus