It comes to my attention to share some of AD replication error that might be available or faced in your organization. I always run this replication summary, “Repadmin /Replsummary” and gets the output below:
The error above is (8456) The source server is currently rejecting replication requests.
when I go to the URL link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2023007, there are helpful for me to troubleshoot.
I have followed some steps to troubleshoot and solution:
1. I have checked the possible cause of this. I checked the registry to check the status on “DSA not Writable”. Run Regedit.
Go to the HKLM -> System -> CurrentControlSet -> Services -> NTDS -> Paramaters.
On Setting DSA Not Writable. Check the value and I capture the screenshot below:
The DSA Not Writable is set to 4. When checking on the table of link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2023007, it shows and means that USN Rollback occurred.
The active directory was incorrectly roll back due to cause following below:
– snapshot of Virtual Machine was taken or was saved on previous snapshot.
– Restoring DC on using Imaging such as Norton Ghost.
2. I also checked the Event Viewer on Directory Service. The Event ID 1308 shows the failure of the replication.
3. I have no choice to decommission the affected domain controller by using DCPROMO /ForceRemoval.
4. After I successfully forced removal of the affected domain controller, I then use the Metadata cleanup to remove the domain controller. Check the url link – > https://netoverme.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/metadata-cleanup-in-windows-2003/
5. After that, remove the server record in DNS, Active Directory Site and Services.
6. On the affected server (previous affected domain controller), I then promote back to become a domain controller to have multiple domain controller.
I will update more on any kind of possible solution.