My old friend has called me las few weeks. he failed to install PHP in IIS. He planned to install PHP and apache for ease. well… I told him that I am not good in Apache web server. Then, he has asked me…what to do?
okay…what I suggested to him that he might install php in Windows XP together IIS 5 or 6. Well…what? IIS?
For me, IIS is the most easiest to configure. you might use these steps to Windows Server 2003 as well.
1. Download php binaries at http://www.php.net in zip files.
2. Install Internet Information Services.
How to install Internet Information Services in Windows Server 2003?
– Goto control panel and double click add/remove program
-search for Application Servers and click details
-tick the check box of Internet Information Services.
-insert your windows serve 2003 CD and it will install IIS until it finished.
- extract the php binaries file that you’ve downloaded in the C:\PHP
- open c:\PHP. Search a file named “php.ini-recommended”
- rename php.ini-recommended to php.ini
- copy php.ini file from C:\php to C:\windows\
- copy php5ts.dll to C:\windows\system32
Configure IIS to add .php web extension
- Goto Administrative Tools and select Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager
- Expand your computername and click Web service extension site
- on Action menu, click add web service extension.
- type “PHP” in extension name. click add.
- on the path file, click browse and goto C:\PHP and click on ‘php5isapi.dll’. click ok
- on website folder/site, click a default website and right click to properties.
- at home directory tab, click Configuration. if .php extension does not appear, add manually.On application extionson, click Add button and browse C:\PHP\php5isapi.dll and type “.php” on the extension and click OK.
- restart your web server / computer
To verify your php works
2.type this below:
3.save as test.php into C:\inetpub\wwwroot.
5. To see your php works, php configuration page will be appeared.
I think that’s all.